Beginning February 25, 2013, new parking and traffic patterns will be in affect at CCHS
We are all very excited that the Building Project is finally underway! While this is great news, there will be some changes to daily life on our campus. The most significant change that will impact you as parents is the way in which you pick-up, drop-off and park. So here goes…
- Only staff & students may enter from the Walden Street driveway. Both staff and students will park in the main lot closest to Walden Street.
- All parents should enter from the Thoreau Street driveway and drop their children in front of the school as usual.
- Parents may only enter from the Thoreau Street drive. (The Walden Street exit will be reserved for buses and faculty & student cars.)
- Parents will ‘queue up’ along the driveway on the right side as you come up the hill.
- A new pick-up loop is being created for at the top of the Thoreau Street drive hill to allow parents to turn around and exit along the Thoreau Street drive.
- When parents are ready to pick-up their son/daughter, either go into the new loop or have them walk down the hill to where your car is standing.
- Do not enter the circle in front of the school at any time, as athletic buses will be utilizing it in the afternoon and evenings.
- All visitor parking will now be in the Main Lot (near the S-building.)
- All parking for school and athletic events is also in the Main Lot.
- There will be parking for Turf Field events in the lot near the fields after 3:30 pm.
- There will be no vehicular access to the Lower Gym lot or the back of the school.
- You will still be able to access the Lower Fields through the current football game gate as well as through a gate closer to the Thoreau Street entrance.
While some of this might take us a few days to get used to, please remember that these inconveniences are minor compared to what would have to go through if we were undergoing major renovations.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a great February Break!