The following is the monthly report by Stan Durlacher, Chair of the CCHS Building Committee:
1. Project Schedule
Despite the delays in progressing into the Construction Document phase between April and September, the project is maintaining completion dates within the PFA schedule. The following are major milestone dates that the project team is currently working within. A full schedule is included in the monthly OPM reports, which are posted under the “ “Documents” section of the http://www.cchsbuilding.org project web site under the “Project Manager” tab.
- 60% Documents delivered to MSBA — End of January 2013
- 90% Documents delivered to MSBA — End of February 2013
- 100% Documents delivered to MSBA — End of March 2013
- Contractor mobilization (trailers, fencing, etc.) — Feb/March 2013
- Early construction (enabling work) — Spring 2013
- Building Construction Spring 2013 – March 2015
- Student Move — April 2015
- Building abatement/demo and sitework Summer – December 2015
- Project completion — December 2015
2. Project Design
Change Variances from Design Development As if the issuance of this report, there is only one significant potential design change that the project team is grappling with. It appears that specific Town Authorities will not allow a diesel emergency generator to be utilized on site due to groundwater conservancy district concerns. However, other Town Authorities would prefer to utilization of a diesel generator. The project team is evaluating the design and cost impact of changing to a natural gas generator. The change to a gas-powered generator will be a significant cost addition to the project. Further information will be shared upon resolution.
3. Project Budget
Variances / Budget Revision Requests (“BRR”) The only budget transfer which was executed recently was Budget Reallocation Request (“BRR”) #6. This BRR transferred money from the Owner’s (soft cost) contingency to fund the consultant fees for the bus depot study. Please note that a full budget schedule is included in the monthly OPM reports which are posted under the “Important Documents” section of the http://www.cchsbuilding.org project web site.